Deep Tissue: It's All About The Details *
Led by Barbara Joël, LMT, participants will:
· Expand their skills with a fresh look at deep tissue work for the head, neck, shoulders and back.
· Find that the attention to detail will be a step up for recent graduates, and an additional useful tool for the seasoned Massage Therapists' bag of tricks.
· Discover how, by angling our hands during manipulation, we can affect muscle tissue to respond in various ways while utilizing pressure more efficiently. This will save your hands while working deep.
· Receive client feedback as various techniques are applied. This offers a client's perspective of comfort level, tolerance and reveals how our style of manipulation is perceived. How often have we asked ourselves: "l wonder how my massage feels?"
* Workshop information updated 07/13/2016
Presenter: Barbara Joel, LMT
Barbara Joël's 30 year career has spanned a variety of skills and experience. Besides a 25 year private practice and working with various health professionals, she was a visiting teacher in N.J., N.H. and Massachusetts for advanced and athletic massage therapy. Besides serving the NYSSMMT 3 times as President, she held various positions including Sports massage Team Director for abled and disabled events, and lobbied in Albany. She is presently employed full time in a CPS, NYC spa and is a part time college student.
Prerequisites: Passion to learn and have fun!
What to Bring: Sheets, towel, lunch and/or snacks. Please bring your own massage oil or cream. A limited amount of tables will be provided - register early!
40 Exchange Place (also known as 27 William)
New York, NY 10005
--- 7 NY CE Hour Workshop ---
Our Continuing Education Hours can be used by LMT’s, PT’s, Chiropractors, Nurses, Acupuncturists, and other healthcare professionals.
Register Now and Save!
Early Registration Rates Ends August 29 , 2016
Refund allowed up to one week prior to event.
Afterwards, money credited towards future event or membership dues.
A $50 Administrative Fee to be applied to cancellation,
refund or credit requests.